Dr. Lennart Kraft
I am passionate about exploring the fascinating intersection of economics, technology, and legal aspects within the realm of digital markets. My research primarily revolves around understanding the intricate dynamics between firms‘ data usage, consumers‘ behavior, and regulatory frameworks from both their standpoints.
Methodologically, I leverage the power of econometrics and machine learning techniques to conduct comprehensive analyses in both cross-sectional and longitudinal contexts. To achieve a deeper understanding, I frequently employ extensive field data, ensuring the practical relevance of my research.
- Goethe University Frankfurt
- Working Group on Research Data Ethics at Committee for Data Access (FDI Committee)
- Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE
- Institute of Labor Economics IZA
- Digital Economy
- Online Privacy
- Privacy Regulation
- Data Transparency
- Market Competition
- Applied Econometrics
- Predictive Machine Learning
- Analytical Modelling
- Textual Analysis
- Process Automation
- Data Analytics, Management, and Ethics
- Computing via Python, R, and Stata
- Statistics and Econometric Theory
- Causality Identification
- Economic Perspective on Data
- Skiera, Bernd / Miller, Klaus M. / Jin, Yuxi / Kraft, Lennart / Laub, René / Schmitt, Julia, (2022) “The Impact of the General Data Protection Regulation on the Online Advertising Market“, available under www.leanpub.com/gdpr-impact or read online under www.gdpr-impact.com.
- Moozhipurath, Rahul K. / Kraft, Lennart, (2021), “Association of Lockdowns with the Protective Role of Ultraviolet-B (UVB) Radiation in Reducing COVID-19 Deaths“, Scientific Reports.
- Moozhipurath, Rahul K. / Kraft, Lennart, (2021), “Implications of Monsoon Season and UVB Radiation for COVID-19 in India“, Scientific Reports.
- Moozhipurath, Rahul K. / Kraft, Lennart / Skiera, Bernd, (2020), “Evidence of Protective Role of Ultraviolet-B (UVB) Radiation in Reducing COVID-19 Deaths“, Scientific Reports.
Selected Working Papers
- Kraft, Lennart / Skiera, Bernd / Koschella, Tim, “Economic Consequences of Consent Requirements for Online Tracking: Apple’s App Tracking Transparency (ATT)“.
- Kraft, Lennart / Skiera, Bernd / Koschella, Tim, „Can Platforms Trust Their Actors?“.
- Kraft, Lennart / Miller, Klaus M. / Skiera, Bernd, “Richness and Consistency of Consumer Profiles and Their Development over Time“.
- Kraft, Lennart / Niekamp, Michael, „Infection Risk Shifts of Protests During Pandemics„, medRxiv.
- Kraft, Lennart, “Tax Revenue, Privacy, and Profits under Taxed Targeted Advertisements“, SSRN.
- Kraft, Lennart, “Leveraging Differential Privacy for Targeted Advertisements„, SSRN.